Friday, June 30, 2006

My home had a break-in last night. Which caught us totally unprepared. Chaotic.

Laptop, over-the-generations-jewelry, cell phone (which my sister left it at home unintentionally. And it’s brand new! It’s barely 1 month old, okay?), monthly expenses which my dad gave my mom (around RM1500), and those money I gave my mom and she never exchange them for RM, around SGD 1500 as well.

So in total the loss is about 10K in RM.

Most people who I told this incident to convince me that it’s fortunate as no one’s at home when intruder break in. And some told me life goes on with or without any ‘dui-ness’ feeling. It’s not like I feel like grumble or so about this misfortunate. But I just can’t bring myself to agree with the “life must go on” concept. To me it sounds the same as let the criminals continue with the crimes since people, the tax-payers, can only prevent, and pray hard that misfortunate won’t befall on them. Yes. Most of the citizens in JB town had already cease to pin their hope on the efficiency of police force. The expectation here is not so much as wanting to see the police at every corner. It is the action that they make that counts. I am thinking, you do know that that is where taxes go to don’t ya?

Break-in and snatch thieves are way too commonly seen nowadays in JB town. I hope some one pretty important and influential start doing something about it. And I hope it’s sooner rather than later.


Sidetalk: The reason why I’m pretty mad about this whole incident is that there is this Indian family who lives behind my house, who their home was intruded and robbed as well, just 2 days ago before us. It’s not like we didn’t lock our doors and windows before we went out. But those fuckers are just able to find their way in – like in this case, break the window and slowly cut down those decorating metal at the other side of the window. So much of having extra locks and latches at your doors huh? Why not a window-less house next time? Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment